Russell Birdman Jump is brought to you by….
Birdman jump – 2pm Saturday 15th July 2017 at The Wharf, Russell, Bay of Islands.
Earlybird price of $30 before 1st July 2017 After 1st July entry fee is $40
Entry forms AND music need to be in ASAP – email email@example.com
Registration: Register on Saturday 15th & collect entry pack and your entry number from Birdman Information stand situated at the end of the wharf, before 12 p.m. on the day. Every person in the entry – even if they are not jumping must register on the Saturday 15th July and read and sign disclaimer form.
Safety Brief: 1.00p.m. Entrants to assemble outside the Pompallier Mission House on The Strand for safety brief
Pre-flight Parade: 1.30 p.m. Birdman entrants get to fluff their feathers & strut their stuff along The Strand before take off Start time: 2 p.m. Time for takeoff!!
Judges will be looking for:
- Supreme Winner
- The Ultimate Flying Challenge which is the longest flight and must be a flying contraption with wings
- Fibres and Feathers – natural materials
- Cleverest Craft
- Crowd Favourite
- Best team
BIG CASH PRIZES
Ulitmate Flying Challenge $1000 – sponsored by Moorings Northland
Supreme Winner – $1000 – sponsored by Howard Harnett Builders and ITM Bay of Islands
Crowd Favourite $500 – sponsored by Harcourts Realty Bay of Islands
Best Team $500 – sponsored by Harcourts Realty Bay of Islands
Cleverest Craft $500 – sponsored by Fullers GreatSights
Fibres & Feathers $500 –sponsored by The Birdman Charitable Trust
1. Supreme Winner – All Birdman entrants are eligible for the Supreme winner prize.
2. Moorings Northland Ultimate Flying Challenge is the longest distance travelled over 7 metres. This must be a flying craft with wings. Not just a costume. It is a flight not a jump.
3. Fibres and Feathers – this must be constructed with natural materials and fibres. String and manmade fibres can hold it together.
4. Cleverest Craft – this is for those people who make their flying machine – can be any material but it is handmade
5. Teams – if entering a team – no more than 20 participants in a team. Only 5 people in a team can jump. Every person in the entry – even if they are not jumping must register and read and sign disclaimer form.
Fantastic tips for an awesome birdman jump!
o Perform a routine
o Have music
o Don’t lie down on the wharf – we can’t see you!!!
Competitors are advised to bring a towel & warm clothing!
- Everyone who is on the wharf as part of the jump routine needs to read and sign a disclaimer – they need to do this on the day of the Birdman Jump. All much report to Birdman HQ on the 15th July before midday.
Entry forms and music entry to be completed & returned with payment by 5th July
2017 Cheques can be made out to Russell Birdman Charitable Trust Online banking payments can be paid into the Russell Birdman Charitable Trust Direct Credit (03 0394 0132646 00) Reference – Team Leaders name and jump.
Entry form & all enquiries/correspondence to; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Russell Birdman Committee – 12a james clendon place, RD1 Okiato 0272